Medical Biller and Claims Follow-Up
Posted on August 1st, 2019
Arise Austin Medical Center is a rapidly growing inpatient surgical hospital located in west Austin. We are currently seeking a dynamic and professional person to work in our Central Business Office. This individual will be responsible for resolving unpaid medical claims.
- 2+ years’ experience working unpaid medical claims
- Knowledge of billing requirements for inpatient hospital services
- Filing appeals to insurance payers
- Understanding of in and out of network benefits
- Knowledge of Level I HCPCS, ICD-10 and DRG codes
- Review and investigate unpaid insurance medical claims
- Follow up of denied insurance claims, file appeals with appropriate documentation
- Identifies and resolves problems, including but not limited to duplicate or incorrect charges, incorrect coding, erroneous registration, incorrect payer processing and imitates corrections accordingly
- Documents all actions and outcomes within billing system
- Completes work accurately, in a timely manner and with great attention to detail
- Develops relationships with payer representatives
- Completes special projects assigned by Management
- Must be dependable and organized
- Promotes cooperation within the department and leads by example, works as team player to improve office function
Minimum two years in performance of job responsibilities as described above. If you do not have the required experience, you will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Very generous benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life and accidental death & dismemberment, long and short term disability, 401(k) with a company match, cancer, critical illness.